Saturday, July 1, 2017

I Come in Peace

woman in a lace outfit sitting on a bench in the park



Originally published on my previous blog, the edge hunter, during 18 June 2015.

I come in peace. It's been awhile since I posted anything. This past week, I was under the weather and I'm happy to report that all is well. The previous week, well, that is why I come in peace. It's been heart wrenching to watch the world and my people rot in hatred and discrimination. My greatest desire, is for every human being to understand that we are all equal.  The story of this fabric is one of hatred. I have told you stories before of how I buy my fabrics, so you can imagine I am a regular customer. I have felt very uncomfortable at times and when I have taken someone with me, they end up leaving me behind because they cannot stand the treatment.




woman in white lace outfit with a pair of red heels

I have remained positive, until the last time I bought this fabric. I could not take it anymore. I had to stand up for myself and my son. This is the part of the story that is left out, when one is looking for greener pastures. We need to start telling the story in its entirety. Isn't amazing that we are actually protective? We speak of all the wonderful things but leave out the most important. There is no feeling that comes with being a certain race. You wake up, and you just are. I  grew up being just me, but now, I am just black.

redhead woman in lace dress and a pair of red heels

Today I want to urge every black person to love, to be compassionate, to support and to look out for one another. We must stop fighting one another. We must stop tribalism. We must understand that we are complete and equipped just as we are. We must view our differences as a strength. We must stand with love because there is no place for us anywhere else in the world.

street photo of woman in a white lace dress and a pair of red heels

This dress is for peace and love, that is why I made it so loose and light.

Thank you for stopping by.

xoxox

Spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.