Helsinki, Suomi
Friday, August 11, 2017

My Go-To Staple Coat



lady in a colorful coat with her back turned

I'm thrilled to be back to share with you on this platform. I have been working tirelessly behind the scenes. I obtain so much pleasure in my work and sharing with you is the cherry on top.


lady in an African print coat styled with a white shirt and denim jeans


I have found myself challenged to finish an outfit well and for that matter, owning a black sweater, or coat became a necessity. I know you have that one go to coat. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. There is a wonderful event in town, you put on your gorgeous dress and you are ready to leave. The evening will definitely be chilly so you have to think ahead. Black jacket or coat and you realize it doesn't work. But it is too late, and what really matters is what you're wearing underneath the coat.


liz ndegwa wearing her infamous coat

Black is not always the go to color. I turned my wardrobe around and filled it with vibrant blazers and coats. They have rescued me countless times. They give simple outfits a lift, and they are a wonderful way to dress up for outdoor events. Adding a pair of high heels will make you look like you put some effort where none was required. Flats will make you look effortlessly chic.

liz ndegwa the color guru in one of her designs


ciku ndegwa wearing a mimiri designs african print coat

Having said that, here is a coat I designed. I featured Ms. Ciku Ndegwa on this post cause we were twining.  It's available in different colors. Meanwhile, the only means to order is by email but we shall make it available on our web shop soon.  

stylish woman in the streets of Helsinki

Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate you.

details of the back of an African print coat

Sharing is caring. Do share! And please comment below what you liked most about this outfit.


3 comments:

  1. I like that inside sleeves is another color showing when u roll it up. And I love the simplicity of the whole jacket. I would like to order one, if possible! Heidi F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the jacket. And the contrast color inside the sleeves. I would love to own one jacket with this model...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :). As already stated, you may place an order via email. Send an email to info.mimiri@gmail.com Cheers!

      Delete

All comments are moderated.